The Lions Eye Institute at Albany is one of the most important programs supported by The Saratoga Springs Lions Club.
The Eye Institute, one of only 8 of it’s kind in the nation, is a project that was made possible directly because of the vision of a small group of New York State Lions. The Saratoga Springs Club is proud to call one of it’s members, Dave Carr Sr. , one of those visionaries.
The Saratoga Spring’s Club has made significant contributions to this important medical center. The club has provided substantial financial contributions as well as leadership for The Lions Foundation, the fund raising arm of the institute.
A Recap of Key Info on The Institute:
- The Lion’s Eye Institute at Albany is recognized as one of the world’s best treatment, research and teaching medical facilities .
- Over 5,000 children and 30,000 adults every year receive eye related care at the LEI.
- Principally in the geographic area encompasses 24 counties, from the Canadian border south to Kingston and the Vermont border west to Watertown.
- The LEI supports sophisticated research required to find new and better treatments for illnesses of the eye.
- Provides state-of-the-art education for medical students,residents and practicing physicians, optometrists and ancillary medical personnel.
The LEI will refer patients to the following doctors practices:
- Children’s Eye Medical Consultants, concentrating on Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Cornea Consultants of Albany, concentrating on Cornea, Cataract, Refractive Surgery and Comprehensive Eye Care, and Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery
- Cosmetic Facial & Eye Plastic Surgery, concentrating on Oculoplastics and
- Orbital Surgery
- Glaucoma Practice of New York
We offer the most advanced equipment for diagnosis and treatment available anywhere.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE LIONS EYE INSTITUTE AT ALBANY CONTACT JOHN McDONALD (Lions Foundation President) – firstname.lastname@example.org