For Many Members Lionism is a Transformational Experience
Being involved in Lionism is like a journey. People join Lions for many reasons. Some because they may have been helped by Lions, some because of a family member or friend invited them, and some because it’s part of their very nature to volunteer.
Regardless of the initial calling, most members recognize early on in the journey the powerful self worth one gets from becoming part of something bigger than yourself. For many the journey of Lions is a transformational life experience.
“People know the Lions name, they Trust it and it’s awesome to be apart of that legacy”
As a Lions Club Member
You’ll join a local group of service-minded men and women who volunteer to support your community every day. You’ll also become a member of Lions Clubs International – a respected international organization, a leader in your local community, and a friend to people in need.
Reasons to join the Saratoga Springs Lions Club:
- Join: The largest service organization in the World: As a member of the Saratoga Lions you are a member of Lions International.
- Service: The Saratoga Springs Lions Club is one of the largest club in New York State with right around 100 active members!
- Volunteer: The Lions core mission is to serve in Sight, Hearing, Diabetes, Youth and Community. The Saratoga Lions also honor our current and past Military Members with many projects and fundraisers.
- Gain: By joining the Saratoga Springs Lions Club you can gain,
- Valuable Personal Experience – helping others, working with a team to accomplish goals, working on projects that benefit so many and so much more.
- “Give Back, Get Back, Change a Life”
- Lead Projects – You can use or bolster current skills or learn new skills, like how to run a committee, work with others, feel accomplishment.
- Network: The Saratoga Springs Lions Club is a service organization with people from all walks of life and in different times of their life. We are NOT a business networking organization.
- Fun: When you have so many members, we are a very active club. From service projects to fundraising projects to selling chocolate bunnies, and marching in the Saratoga Flag Day Parade, we as a group enjoy all that we do. You can find lifelong friends and more in our Lions Organization.
- Rewarding: Whether you help on or off the ice at our Stars program, volunteer at our Camp Abilities Saratoga, see people using our vision screening center, or read a note/letter from a person/group we donated to, you will be rewarded in knowing that you are helping those in and around the Saratoga Springs Community and beyond.
Types of Membership:
- Regular Membership: Are you interested in volunteer programs, community service and making our world a better place? Lions Clubs International (LCI) offers community members the opportunity to volunteer locally together as a group. Members are expected to meet membership requirements such as dues set by the club and LCI.
- Family Membership: Looking for special volunteer programs and activities you can do with your family? Family membership allows relatives to volunteer together at a reduced dues rate. Family members must meet membership requirements, live in the same household and belong to the same club. Children cannot become members, but can participate in the Cub Program, which allows children under age 12 the opportunity to build a lifelong dedication to helping others. If more than one member of your family is joining a club, tell them you want to join as a family unit.
- Leo to Lion Membership. If you are a current or former Leo club member between the age of legal majority and through age 30, take the opportunity to receive a dues discount and continue doing volunteer work with Lions Clubs International … as a Lion!
We meet weekly for lunch on Thursday, at Noon at Mama Mia’s Restaurant in Saratoga from September through July. Feel free to stop by and check us out!
For more information on joining the Saratoga Springs Lions Club please contact us via email or phone!
Take the journey in Lionism, for you it might just be transformational!