High school students interested in community service, as well as developing leadership and social skills, are invited to join the Leos Club.a branch of the Lions Club.
The Leos Club meets monthly during the school year, usually on a Wed. or Thurs. evening, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Saratoga Springs High School. All students in grades 9-12, no matter what schools they attend, are welcome to join. Refreshments are served.
The Leos’ service-oriented activities include:
- Sponsorship of two kids for Give a Child a Christmas
- On-ice assistance with Gliding Stars, a Lions Club co-sponsored ice skating program for visually impaired and physically handicapped children and young adults
- Fund raising and participation in the Relay for Life to benefit cancer research
- Assistance with the Saratoga YMCA’s First Night Celebration
- Assistance with the SS Lions Foundation’s Duathlon
- Assistance to the Salvation Army at Christmas time
- Attendance at the Lions Day at the United Nations
John Grady serves as faculty advisor.