OUR COMMUNITY SERVICE EXTENDS BEYOND OUR HEALTH RELATED PROJECTS
Helping to improve the quality of life in our community extends beyond the numerous health care initiatives and fund raising experiences staged by Saratoga Lions. Our club member’s involvement, support, and leadership has a positive impact in Saratoga, which contributes to making our community a great thriving.
Here’s an overview of that involvement and support
- We can be seen marching in parades to celebrate with our community.
- We have 14 Lion’s club members who are also graduates of Leadership Saratoga
- We have members who also serve on many other community planning and non-profit boards including SEDC,Chamber of Commerce, and The The Albany Lions Eye Institute.
- The Saratoga Springs Lions Club was a charter member of the Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- The first community organization to pledge $25,000 to the Weibel Avenue Ice Rink
- A major supporter of Saratoga Hospital’s numerous expansions including a major financial gift to the new community health center.
- Members of the Lions Club annually support and help staff the First Night Saratoga 5K Run to benefit the Saratoga County YMCA.
- The Saratoga Springs Lions Club has hosted several New York State-Bermuda Lions Club conventions, each time bringing in thousands of visitors and tourism dollars to the city.
- We are members of both The Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce and The Saratoga County Tourism Bureau.
- We have worked with the Saratoga County Tourism Bureau to help bring Lions conventions to our community.
- Our community involvement extends beyond our’s. We have helped neighboring communities with disaster relief funds and manpower.